Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Slow Trot in the T-Dot

Short post tonight since it's late and I have to prep for a last minute business trip for which I leave at 5am tomorrow. I managed to fit a run into a rather busy day so the weekly mileage is right on with the plan. I was a little worried about my knee(s) since I was not able to properly stretch or rest this weekend coaching a bunch of baseball and having to run the bases myself during one drill on Saturday morning. I could have used a pinch runner, that's for sure!

Anyway, the weather was perfect this afternoon and I managed to complete 10km in 56:42 for an average pace of 5:40/km (9:07/mile). It was a bit faster than the last few runs and I'm starting to feel better even though my average heart rate ended up a bit higher than I wanted it to be (146bpm). I guess a week totally off from running right after a race is not that good an idea afterall...

Garmin don't lie.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, I've not had much success with taking a whole week off after any race, even a marathon. I think it's good to keep all the runs easy, but getting out and doing a few miles each day helps with the recovery.

Have a safe trip!

June 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger yumke said...

I'm going to rely on heart rate monitor for recovery running, as I tend to go out too fast.

To answer your question, I'm racing the October Toronto Marathon and doing the half marathon Scotia.

June 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope eveything continues to progress for the better.

June 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home