Sunday, May 31, 2009

It Begins

The weekend recap for me looks like this: no running, lots of kids baseball games, and lingering tightness in the knee. I gave myself Sunday off to let this knee settle down. It hasn't, though it is not really that bad. I'm just a little concerned about starting marathon training with ANY pain at all, but I have to start soon. In fact, with tomorrow being June 1st and all, that sounds like the perfect time to get back into running. I will have to put some serious thought into the running plan for the next seventeen weeks and get any sort of time goal out of my head - after all, the main purpose of the marathon for me is to finish and walk away afterwards with a smile.

That being said, here are some pics from the 5K. I look in pain, but at least somewhat happy in the post-race photo:







And just for fun here's a photo of Owen crossing the finish of the Kids Marathon (red hat with yellow bull horns):

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim Wilson said...

Hope your knee starts to feel better soon!

Good luck with your marathon training!

June 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Lookin good ;D

June 1, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Those pics just show how hard you were working!

That reminds me, I should post my Ottawa race pics!

June 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

It's just weird to see race pics with no hat!

June 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger B. Kramer said...

Take it easy on the knee. Good luck with the start of marathon training. There will many more aches and pains along the way. Cheers.

June 2, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home