Friday, May 29, 2009

MIA

I've been taking a sort-of "forced" week off from all exercise, other than biking to work, and so have not had anything to write about that's remotely running related. Alone with one kid for the week while Monica is out of town with the other means that I can't go out for any runs for that would mean leaving the wee one at home alone. So, this is OK. I've been saying that I would take at least a week off after my last race and that is exactly what I am doing. Starting this Sunday I will begin training for my first marathon, which is both a scary and exciting prospect. I wonder how my body, especially my foot, will hold up in the face of way more mileage? Will I be able to keep my speed in check so that I can increase mileage without incurring further injury? I will have to ramp up conservatively, though time is not on my side. 17 weeks and counting...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

STWM was my first full last year and I'm going back for revenge this year. :)

I hope you're enjoying your break because you have 17 tough weeks ahead!

Have a great weekend!

May 29, 2009 at 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think taking a week off will do your body good, especially with marathon training around the corner. Listen to your body and be flexible with the schedule. You'll be fine.

May 29, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Marathon training FTW! Enjoy your rest time, I'm sure it will help a lot!

May 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with your marathon training. Hopefully that foot will cooperate with you.

May 29, 2009 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Time for a treadmill purchase!

May 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

reast does a body good, even though we don't like to.

May 29, 2009 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Glad you had fun in Ottawa, now rest up. You've got a great challenge ahead! ; )

May 30, 2009 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

First off thanks for letting me know about the popup banner, I had no idea!! I think I fixed the problem, it was from my counter, sneaky!!
So exciting that you are training for marathon 1, woohoo!!

May 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home