Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gentlemen, I Implore You

When did it all begin to unravel, I ask myself?



In other news, my new pair of running shoes came in and I picked them up. Very exciting! Back to Asics for me, as I found the Mizuno experiment to be less than perfect. The Mizunos were nice and light, provided decent stability, but their cushioning left a lot to be desired. I will continue to use the Nirvanas for a while longer since they have been working OK and my foot continues to slowly improve. The Inspire 4s, however, as light as they are, provide almost zero cushioning in the forefoot. I didn't think I needed any there, but in retrospect my foot seems to relapse every time I wear these on anything but a short slow run. So, here's hoping the Asics GT2140s allow me to train throughout the summer towards my first marathon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Tait said...

That's really interesting what you say about the Mizunos. I'm reading "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami and he loves them. I must confess I don't think I'd ever given them much thought before.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm looking forward to reading yours. Already the pic of your trail below looks very inspiring!

May 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home