Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back on Track

Well, my intention was to go to the track and do some intervals, but it didn't exactly work out that way. It's been so busy around my parts since the race that I've barely had time to catch my breath. I've now officially moved up into the next age category, meaning that I have the next five years to go 3:15:59 in the marathon for a BQ. (Ha!) Other than that I've had baseball with the boys, Owen got sick and had to be picked up from school yesterday morning, and work has been non-stop, pile more on top. I haven't done any exercise since the race, so today was key for me to get back out and run. Even though I couldn't get to it until dark on account of yet another baseball practice for one of the little guys it was still worth it.

My legs have been a bit sore, and the foot pretty tight, but I ran towards the track and hoped that it would all sort itself out by the time I got there to let me do some speedy 400s. However, my body just didn't feel up to it. I had a decent run in the end, but I think doing any sort of speed work would have set me back. Instead I ran a pretty steady 5km in 24:27 at an average pace of 4:53/km (7:52/mile). My average heart rate was 147bpm. I hope to do at least one interval workout prior to my next race, which is a 5k in just over two weeks.

Garmin don't lie.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger FLYERS26 said...

I have my 1st 5k of the season a week from this Sat., so I need to get to the track.
That was a nice pace you ran at.

May 7, 2009 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Good idea skipping the intervals if you weren't feeling 100% - hopefully any lingering pain or stiffness will be taken care of before Ottawa. You should be in good shape for a speedy 5k!

May 7, 2009 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

Man, life getting in the way of running! The nerve! :)

May 7, 2009 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Always important to listen to your body!

May 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home