Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Busy Busy Thursday

Today was super busy on my end, but I still managed to get some exercise in. This morning was spent with the younger son as he had an appointment that I had to take him to, and we had a lovely time. It's so nice to just hang out a bit sometimes, even if there is some other stuff that gets in the way. I really should just take a half vacation day here and there when there isn't some other pressing reason...

Then, after I dropped him off at daycare, I sped off to the pool for a swim before going into work. I was one of the first out on deck and got to swim through still water for a few hundred metres before others started jumping in. It was awesome! I managed 1500m in 22:31 and headed off to the office.

The afternoon was also quite busy as things at work have really ramped up recently. I am also studying for a professional certification exam at the moment, so time outside of work is tight as well. On top of all that I had my second baseball practice with the team this evening. It went quite well, the kids were happy, the parents were happy, and our first game is this Saturday.

This evening, as I watched the Jays win their fifth series in a row to start the 2009 season over the Texan Rangers I managed to do the old strength routine. 3X50 sit ups, 3X35 push ups, and 3X8 chin ups. I also did most of the ankle/foot strengthening routine, which I have to post about sometime. It's pretty involved and takes a long time to complete, which explains why I haven't had the time or energy to write about it. Some of the things I have to do are difficult to describe, so a camera and pictures will have to be involved. It will be time consuming to do this post, I can tell, but I'd still like to manage it.

Now, back to reading up for next week's exam.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Dude you are a machine! You inspire me...to think about doing pushups...so what is the cert you are studying for?

April 23, 2009 at 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job with the sit ups, push ups and chin ups!!

April 24, 2009 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger B. Kramer said...

What is up with Toronto? Are they this good? When was the last time the Blue Jays finished at the top of their division and the Maple Leafs finished at the bottom of theirs, if ever?

Good job with the exercise.

April 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

The Jays lost a few pitchers recently didn't they?

As long as someone - anyone - finishes ahead of NY and Boston, I'm happy.

April 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

GO JAYS GO!!

April 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home