Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's a Bit Hectic Right Now

Man, the time is flying by and I can't seem to find the energy to do much these days. Between the demands of two energetic boys and things really picking up at work there's not much time to cope with my foot pain, running, and all that stuff. I've been very diligent about doing my stretching and exercising and such and I hope that all of this will help the plantar fasciitis to finally start it's long awaited journey off of my right foot. I am sort of planning to do a post on what exactly I am doing in the next little while since I think it might be of interest to anyone who is either suffering from plantar fasciitis or this other thing I just learned about (and think I have) called sesimoiditis, but I simply don't have the time right now.

Today was one of those busy busy days, and the weather has been so crappy this week that it somehow makes things even more difficult to deal with. The gear I have to wear and trek around with in order to bike to work is such a hassle and I can't wait for those warm sunny days when I can just jump on the bike with short and t-shirt (and for the kids out there, a helmet of course), but for now it's a matter of staying warm and dry. I did manage to get myself back on the bike at lunch and jumped in the pool for a quick 1000m in 15 minutes. I wanted to do more, but had a prior commitment to sit on a panel on information policy for an old professor of mine who asked me to speak to her class. Crazy! I guess that makes me an adult or something...

Tonight I did the whole strength routine and managed a good amount of stretching and strengthening of the foot. Actually I am working on both feet since I figure if I fix one then the other will take its turn to kick me in the ass. Tomorrow I will try to get a short run in (5k range), though I have to attend a coaches meeting for the first of two baseball teams that I will be coaching this year. Just when I thought things might get a little less busy! Should be fun, though. I never played this sport, and coming from Eastern Europe baseball was a real oddity to me when my family arrived in Canada, but now I think it's great. BTW: the Jays had a nice comeback win tonight, so it's all good.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coaching baseball should be fun as long as the parents stay in check. Sitting on a panel for information policy does sound very adult.

April 8, 2009 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Glad to hear your squeezing in the exercise and stretching despite a crazy schedule. Sometimes it's so hard to fit it all in!

Baseball should be fun. I went to the game on Monday. Makes it feel like warmer weather is finally on the way (even though it was snowing).

April 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

It's all good unless you are a Tigers fan like me! (Don't hold it against me...) Coaching baseball sounds like a blast! I'm doing my kid's soccer at the moment, but we are looking at doing baseball this summer. You'll have to share all your insider tips. Good luck.

April 8, 2009 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

That information policy panel sounds interesting...I must be an adult too...

April 10, 2009 at 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home