Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Intervention?

How does a person with a sweet tooth get off of sugar? That is the question that I am contemplating.


Everywhere I read about the benefits that athletes derive from going sugar-free and I too would like to "taste" the fruit of this labour. But can I really go all the way? Think of the consequences of such a monumental decision:

  • Coffee with only milk
  • Cake with only plate
  • Ice cream with only spoon
  • Apple pie without the pie

Need I continue? What I need is an intervention of some sort for I recognize that my willpower, though strong enough to pull me through an injured, wet, and cold 30k is nothing when facing the sweet sweet stuff of culinary delights.

Oh, wherefore art though willpower!?
Are you made of gummy?
Was Sugar Ray Leonard sugar free?
Can I ever hope to be?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

Mmm, sugar. If you quit, I will. Or maybe not.

Truth be told, I have done the "clean" diets before and I do feel great, but those first days and weeks are SO HARD! I love chocolate.

April 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh huh. Sure. I can guarantee I won't be going without sugar anytime soon. ;-)

April 1, 2009 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Once you get use to doing without, you'll notice a HUGE difference....

April 1, 2009 at 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Greg at Live Fit said...

I've tried it before, and figure I'm destined for failure if I try giving it up completely. I don't keep much in the house, and go for small servings to keep my cravings at bay. Look for things in single serving packages (I prefer the Drumstick ice cream cones.) Good luck.

April 2, 2009 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Cake with only plate? You are insane!

I've cut down on sugar, but not cut it out completely. I can't. I like treats and think that life without dessert would just suck.

April 3, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Sugar free is where I need to be...

April 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home