Friday, April 3, 2009

Days off and ATB Race Photos

Yesterday I did absolutely nothing exercise wise. I had meetings off site, so no lunch time swimming, and then in the evening I felt totally wiped and couldn't even get the energy up to do my strength routine. Today I was planning on another easy 5k, but after more massage therapy (this time on the quads and ITBs - let's just say OUCH and leave it at that) I've decided to skip that too. Perhaps I will do the strength stuff instead...

But enough about that! I finally received the much anticipated email announcing that my race photos from Around the Bay are ready for purchase (um, yeah...). Here they are for your viewing pleasure, if you can call it that. Two observations I have:

1. I look like I'm in serious pain in every one of these.

2. And what's with the permanent "thumbs up" I seem to be flashing to all bystanders? I had no idea that I ran with my thumbs up in the air like that. Weird...








And lastly, can you spot me in this photo?:



What about in this one?:

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Felice Devine said...

OMG -- so funny about the thumbs up. I'm the same way! I try to control them because I think everyone who drives/walks/runs past me must think I'm a weirdo! Ha! I guess it is better to give the thumbs up than something else!

Great pics!

April 3, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Thumbs up is too funny. Nice pictures, you look like you are in pain, but you definitely look fast. :)

April 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We will have to nickname you 'The Fonz of Running' I guess.

April 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Chad: "EHHHHHHHHH!"

April 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Those are great pics! Don't worry about the look of pain on your face; I'm pretty sure I always look like that when I run. ;) LOL at the thumbs!

April 3, 2009 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Great pic's Vava, and yes I see you in all the Where's Waldo photo's!

Good job you crazy thumbs up kinda guy!!!

April 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Hehehe! At least you don't have a cheesy grin like I always do!

April 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Great pictures, and I do see you in the first group pic (front center), but I can't find you in the second.

April 4, 2009 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL at the thumbs up. did you buy the gallery? i thought about it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

April 4, 2009 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Marci: I'm at the bottom right of the second picture, but my legs are cut off so that's why it's hard to spot me. I also think it's too far away to spot the thumbs...

Melanie: I didn't even consider buying any of these pictures, let alone the whole gallery - too painful a memory! Perhaps the first group start one where I am visible...

April 5, 2009 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger C said...

After seeing some of my race photos, I too realized I was doing a thumbs up. I'm now super paranoid about it and tuck my thumbs into my palms if I feel I look overly dorky. :)

April 5, 2009 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Aron said...

its always funny to see our random poses in race pics :)

April 6, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home