Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Run Post ATB

I've read in the comments of some blog or other in recent days about this product called SuperFeet. Since I hadn't ever seen these things for myself, and lean towards the lazy side, I emailed the Canadian distributor to find out who around these here parts stocked a good selection. Turns out a one-off store called BigFootWear, located just around the corner from my office, carried a good selection. How did I find out you ask? Well, another email of course! Why waste energy, right? Anyway, the fine salesperson at the store not only replied promptly to my question about the insoles, but also indicated that although they did not stock size 12.5 mens running shoes, he would order them for me without a deposit!

People, I think I've found my new favorite running store! I assured the fine gentleman that I am not in need of new kicks right at this moment, but that I will be back as soon as I needed to get a new pair.

Well, tonight's acquisition of my new orange SuperFeet insoles just happened to coincide with my first run post Around the Bay. Funny how that worked out, huh? Did I HAVE to leave work early to go the opposite direction from home and pick up the insoles?

Damn straight!

And so I ran a nice 5km at a leisurely average pace of 5:50/km, taking up 29:11 minutes and seconds of my otherwise fine day made finer by the run and the extra cushioning and support thanks to my new SuperFeet. As time progresses I will report on how these things are working out, and hopefully helping to bring to an end the reign of the dreaded Captain Plantar Fasciitis, who has invaded my right foot for the better part of the past half-year, waging a war of attrition that I've been unable to bring to a satisfactory conclusion.

Garmin don't lie.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

hope they work out! I looked into them a while ago, but got orthotics instead! Good luck! :)

April 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Bert said...

I ran with the green Superfeet inserts for almost 3 years, and they helped A LOT with calf issues I had. Also on custom orthotics now - but the Superfeet inserts are a big step up (if you'll pardon the pun) from the crappy inserts that come with even the best running shoes.

April 1, 2009 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

I've heard lots of good stuff about them! Hopefully you get the same experience too :-)

April 2, 2009 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I'm curious about those things... definitely let us know how they work out. Awesome to hear you had a nice first-run-post-ATB.

April 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Ace said...

That is some serious orangeness! Glad to hear you are back at it!

April 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope they bring you the relief you need.

April 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger The Laminator said...

Hey...thanks for the motivational comment on my post. In our defense, running in the rain isn't conducive to speedwork. Moreover, yes, there is the injury factor too. Also, you need different shoes to run in the rain, one that is less absorbant and more traction when wet. Ordinarily, if i'm not training for anything, then yes, a leisurely run in the rain isn't so bad...but marathon training in the dark AND in the rain, isn't the safest option, so I deferred.

Hope that answers the question. Nice to see you are running so well nowadays.

April 3, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home