Sunday, May 17, 2009

10K on a Windy Sunday

Woke up this morning and did not feel like running at all, which is a strange thing for me. Normally I look forward to all of my runs and wish my body would let me run more often. I think that I am fighting something off since my throat hurts a bit, and this could also explain the elevated heart rate that I had on this run. The wind didn't help matters any either as I was forced to run a significant portion of my run straight into it.

The plan was for a relatively slow and easy 10k and that is what I did. It took me 54:32 for an average pace of 5:27/km, or 8:46/mile. The average heart rate was 148bpm and it really was higher than I thought it would be based on perceived effort. The other thing that is kind of annoying is that my left knee hurts a bit right now. The pain is on the outside of the knee and I'm sure it's related to the IT Band, so I will have to rest it and stretch it a lot this week. My 5k race is coming up in less than a week now and I don't want to go into that one being sick or injured. I'll also have to be better about getting more sleep this week as I have not been sleeping well lately at all.

Garmin don't lie.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger West Grey Runner said...

I could have done a cut paste to my blog... I had the lazy run, sore throat and small issue with a knee and just wasnt into it which was not me!

May 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

It's runs like you had today, that'll pay off ceom race day!

May 17, 2009 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

I've been having bad sleep myself for some reason. It sucks some of the motivation out of things I find!

May 18, 2009 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Sometimes your HR may be higher because of the wind, or you are in recovery mode. Any chance you need new shoes? My knees only bother me when I need new ones. Hope its not the IT band.

May 18, 2009 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you feel better quickly and good luck at your 5k this weekend.

May 18, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

The wind was unreal on Sunday! It made for a great resistance workout!

I often get that twinge on the outside of my knee. Darn IT band! Get stretching & rolling!

May 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

I wish I had the discipline to do a slow and easy run. I can start out that way but by the end of the first mile suddenly I'm trying to pick it up for the next. Then, it becomes a tempo run.

May 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home