Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Little Concerned

Too much stuff going on so this post will have to be short, though not sweet. I skipped my 5k run yesterday since I was still feeling a bit of pain on the outside of the left knee. The run got pushed back to this evening instead. It was a late run since I had baseball practice to coach and then Owen's Spring Concert at his school to go to. By the time I got out it was closing in on 9pm. The weather here has been pretty humid and hot the last couple of days, and although I will never complain about the heat I can tell that my body is not yet acclimatised.

The run was crap. My knee is not better, my pace was slow, and it did nothing for my confidence heading into the race this Saturday. I managed the 5km in 29:36 for an average pace of 5:55/km, or 9:31/mile. I definitely do NOT feel speedy and have no idea what to expect when I line up at the starting line on Saturday evening.

Now it's late, I have not yet packed for our trip to Ottawa, nor do I have the kids' stuff all ready to go. We are driving tomorrow and it's stressing me out a little bit since I really want to miss rush hour traffic if at all possible, especially with a 7 and 4 year-old in the back seat.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I did get to the pool this afternoon and swam 1000m in 14:53.

Garmin don't lie.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a speedy swimmer. Enjoy the weekend. Just have fun at the race!

May 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

My runs have felt that way for the last couple days - the heat is killing me.

Good luck at the race!

May 22, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Nuts! I hope your knee feels better and you have a good race!

May 22, 2009 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the knee starts to feel better. I don't care for long car rides with the kids either. It normally just adds more stress to the day.

May 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Enjoy the race! Once the excitement of the race kicks in, I'm sure you'll do great. I'd be happy with that pace--even sans wonky knee!

May 23, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home