Monday, February 9, 2009

Short and Easy

Tonight was the first time I ran back to back, so it was appropriately short and slow. I didn't get to head out until almost 9pm, and the dinner sitting in my stomach worried me a little even though the plan was to go for only 3km and as easy and slow as possible. After a burp here and a belch there, I managed to run around the neighbourhood in 19:14 at a nice recovery pace of 6:24/km. The heart rate barely cracked the 140bpm mark (though it seems to have spiked up to 146 at one point, and I don't think the racoon that jumped out in front of me at one point was to blame) and averaged out at 130bpm. The legs felt a bit heavy, but that was to be expected. I must admit that it hardly seems worth it to go out for such a short time and distance, but it all adds up in the end I suppose. I think back to my early attemps at running in the Fall of 2007 when I would jog for 15 minutes and think that was an accomplishment! Boy was I out of shape then...

Garmin don't lie.


View Larger Map

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

Every run counts, thanks for the shout out in your last post!

February 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

It's great seeing the progress isn't it?

February 10, 2009 at 1:11 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Way to go! It all counts. Those easy runs can offer the best fitness dividends as they extend longer and longer in duration and help you remain injury free.

February 10, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

I'm with Marci! It all counts baby! ;-)

February 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home