Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Good Good, Good Vibrations

This morning I’ve gotten a great vibe from the running blogger world. I don’t know if it is the weather (which was wonderful for most everybody over the weekend) or what, but it seems like everyone is running well and having a great time! Congratulations to everyone, in no particular order:

First, and this must go at the top of the list for obvious reasons even though I said there would be no order, to N.D. and her husband on the birth of their baby boy Nicholas. Like she said, this beats any medal from any race!

Then for some amazing running from these fine folks that keep me inspired:

BeachRunner for his first over-an-hour training run!

D10 for pulling off a great HM as a training run!

Flyers26 for going from cold to hot and running at a pace that amazes me!

Andrew for his longest ever training run, with great pictures too!

Aron for fighting through a tough first half of a 14 miler, and then kicking some major butt on the way back!

Felice for fighting through some downs to find the positives in her running again!

Marci for an amazing 7 miler at a pace that I can only dream of!

I'm sure I missed lots of other great accomplishments, but I only have so much time to read blogs right now as duty calls. Congrats to all who had a wonderful weekend of running - 2009 promises to offer all of us some great race reports I think.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Yeah, I can't wait for racing season to start!

February 9, 2009 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger B. Kramer said...

I just discovered this new stuff that was under the snow. It's green and has many strands and seems to cover large swaths of land. Mysterious.

February 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Great post, V-train.

Amen to those fine shout outs! And I really am impressed - but not suprised ;) - that I placed second only to N.D.

February 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Aron said...

ohh thank you :) it was a good weekend!!

February 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

What a nice post, thanks!! I hope 2009 continues to bring good things for all of us!!

February 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am looking forward to race season. I've got a goal for my 5K race pace this year...

February 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home