Friday, February 13, 2009

Freakishly Flexible Five K, for Non Runner Nancy

Just a short report since the respiratory nastiness is raging on in our household, with fevers, coughs, phlegm and such to keep us busy. After spending the day at home with the sick wee ones I was determined to get to this 5k in honor of Non Runner Nancy despite the fact that my throat is now hurting and I've started coughing.

It was chilly tonight, but otherwise quite pleasant for running at about -5C. I could have picked a less travelled route, but decided to run along the main streets (in particular the Danforth, which gets super busy on Friday nights given all of the greats restaurants and bars to be found there) and so I had to navigate a lot of pedestrians. Pretty much all of these fine people were quite nice and we navigated each other respectfully, though I was forced to run left and right in a serpentine fashion quite a bit. It was fun though.

I managed the 5km in 24:34 for an average pace of 4:54/km, or about 7:50 - 7:55 per mile I guess. I had intended to run a lot slower, telling myself that I was stupid to run any faster than 5:30/km pace, but I guess the added motivation of running a virtual race for a fellow flexible runner currently suffering and not able to run put a little bit of jump in my step.

Nancy, if you are reading this, I hope you get better soon and good luck!

Garmin don't lie.


View Larger Map

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

Great job Vava, hope you feel better soon!

February 13, 2009 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

That's pretty quick!

February 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger USJogger said...

Thanks for joining in. That seems like a good time to me. I don't believe I'm ever going to see that time in a 5K again! Hope that you and your family get better soon.

February 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for thinking of me and running for me when I cannot. :D

Hugs.

February 17, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home