Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rake-ins

I've been disturbing wildlife more than usual during this year of running, and this morning was no different. As I was slowly trying to loosen up my stiff legs on my early morning 15km run today I came upon a family of raccoons, or "rake-ins" as Rickey of the Trailer Park Boys says it. Three of the four furry creatures saw me coming and scurried away, as is their custom. The fourth, however, was behind the garbage can and very much focused on whatever morel of crap it had found. As I came around that side of the garbage can it jumped back about a foot and did this nasty, though amusing, hissing and spitting thing! I didn't want to tangle with a potentially dangerous, sharp and pointy fuzzball and moved off of the sidewalk rather quickly. I will count that part of the run as "cross training".

Good times...

The rest of the run was uneventful, though a bit tougher than I thought it would be. I guess my 30km effort is affecting the legs a bit more than I thought it might after yesterdays training run. Still, things are going well and I look forward to the rest of the week, which will include another early morning 15km or so run on Friday and then a long slow effort on Sunday that will likely take place in London, Ontario as we are there for another baseball tournament. Should make for some good exploring!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Cross training eh!

July 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home