Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crack of Dawn

Just a quick post as I am exhausted and am still to watch the Argentina-Mexico match that I recorded earlier today. I was up at 5am and out the door fifteen minutes later this morning getting my long run of 20km in prior to leaving for Barrie with Owen for a double-header of baseball that the little guy's team was playing today (with yours truly acting as one of the coaches, as usual). It was the first time I've ever started a run prior to the Sun peaking over the horizon, and that was pretty cool indeed even if I was running West for the first half and had the whole celestial show at my back.

The run felt better than expected and I certainly was anticipating many more creaks and groans from the knees and ankles. Although I did not break any land speed records I managed to maintain a decently quick pace no doubt as a result of the tight time lines that I was forced to work under. The sooner I got back home the more time I would have to shower and eat before jumping in the car and making the hour or more drive to Barrie.

Ultimately the run went well with no incidents, injury or otherwise. It also marked the end of the third week in a row in which I ran at least sixty kilometres (on the nose this week) and pushed my total up over my mileage goal for the month of June as well. Now I have another recovery week of reduced mileage and my body, although not screaming out for rest, likely needs a bit of a reprieve prior to embarking on another three week session of even higher mileage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home