Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Birds Seem To Hate Me

The end of my "recovery week" has come, and I have completed all of the intended running. This is no small feat because my body seems to forget about the whole 36-hour rule and I am more stiff and sore now than I was two days after last Sunday's half marathon. It is true that on Thursday I did do some leg weights, but they were not very heavy and I thought that it would help rather than hinder my recovery. In any case, although sore, I am not going to let that stop me from starting my marathon training this coming week.

Today I finished off the aforementioned recovery week with a slow 14km, which brought the total for the week to 32.5km and a shade over 850km on the year. During the run I was once again dive bombed by a bird while in the Don Valley Trails leading up to the stairs at Riverdale Park. In fact not one, but two, birds decided that my head was somehow threatening their territory and decided that the best course of action was to peck at it as I ran along. It was not fun at all, let me tell you. I am now in the uncomfortable position of not wanting to run along that stretch of trail, and that is not a good thing. Big angry dogs, sure. But little crazy birds? Maybe they just hate Cleveland Indians as I was wearing their hat. Makes me wonder if they would attack a Blue Jays hat as well or simply leave their feathered brethren be.

Dumb ass birds...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Well being a Tigers fan, I would probably dump on your Indians cap as well given the chance... :)

June 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

That's pretty funny actually!

June 7, 2010 at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home