Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One Thousand!

On Tuesday morning I got up early and went out for what ended up being a 10km run. I wasn't sure how it was going to go because on Monday I felt a twinge in my right kneecap while doing squats that forced me to abandon the rest of the weight training session and as a result I was apprehensive about my ability to do any training runs this week. I wore a patellar strap just in case and ran really slow over to the local soccer field. I then proceeded to run around that field on the nice soft grass. As my body warmed up I was able to pick up the pace and the kneecap didn't give me any trouble while running.

This morning I once again had to get up early for logistical reasons and set my alarm for just after 5am. I was on the road at 5:30 with the patellar strap and all. It was a beautiful morning for a run even with the humidity and the ever present worry of being stopped by riot cops on account of the G-20 Summit going down this weekend. I decided to not run towards downtown and instead did a loop down to the waterfront and over to Ashbridges Bay and then back home. Again, like the previous morning, I started off really slowly and tentatively but was able to pick up the pace a bit towards the end of the run. I managed a decent 15km, making it the longest mid-week morning run ever!

But with all that an even bigger milestone was achieved: I crossed over the 1000km barrier for the year! Next milestone is one thousand miles and then onwards to two thousand kilometres. Here's hoping this rickety body holds up. So far so good!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home