Monday, February 1, 2010

January Recap

The first month of 2010 is history, and so a recap of sorts is in order.

I started the month with the goal of averaging 25km per week, and with secondary goals of shedding a little weight while starting to improve my leg strength via a new gym membership. How did is pan out?

  • On the running front I managed to amass 113.75km, which averages out to 25.68km per week. Check!
  • On the shedding weight goal, I started off the month at 201lbs and weighed in this morning at 195.5lbs. Check!
  • And in the weight room I am beginning to see some improvement in my leg strength even though it's only been two weeks, and four leg sessions. I think the month of February will really help out my troublesome right knee. At the very least I am sure hoping that it does. I give this one a Check! as well.

The running goal in February is to push the weekly mileage up a bit: 30km per week. I will have to run 120km this month, and given that it's shorter than January by three days this means I only have to add 6.25km to the previous month's total. Naturally it will be a little tougher because the time is compressed, but I look forward to the task. Again, the plan is to run the next three weeks at or above 30km before drawing back for the fourth week with the goal of recovery. I really have to stick to this plan because my body seems to break down after every four weeks or so of steady mileage increases, and I am determined to avoid this mistake the entire year. (Marathon training may make this a bit tough to achieve, but that is still very far off...)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Feeny said...

Congrats on a very successful January!

February 1, 2010 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Here's hoping February is even better than your great January.

February 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Bert said...

Excellent start to the year!

February 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home