Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Bye 2009 - Hello 2010!

A brief review of my year in running tells me that there's only one way to describe it: Up and Down...

Up: Ran four races, ranging in distance from 5k to 30k and achieved my goal of breaking 45 minutes in the 10k.

Down: Had to pull out of the planned Fall marathon due to injury.

For totals, I came up just shy of 1000km for mileage, achieving 975.5km with today's 9km run. A cursory look at my training log and I should be happy with this result, and I am.

As far as 2010 goals go I have just one major one: LISTEN TO MY BODY! If I can do this I shouldn't have to take any major time off at any point. All other goals are secondary, but a first marathon in the Fall is up high on my list.

So, here's hoping 2010 is the best running year ever for everyone, and most importantly that it brings health, prosperity, and happiness to you and yours.

See you on the flip side!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

You've done really well this year. Here's hoping 2010 is injury free!

January 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Happy New Year, hope 2010 is injury free for you!

January 2, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home