Thursday, February 19, 2015

I've Become "One of THOSE" Running Bloggers, Huh?

So, it's been a while since I've been even thinking about putting thoughts on here, and my running since I've stopped "blogging" has most definitely been of the nothing to write home about variety. June to February is a long time indeed...

Anyway, no need to get into all the nasty details, but I've been dealing with getting old is probably the best way to summarize it. Got pissed off at the foot not getting better and saw a physio in September. Started in on glute exercises and then the back gave out. Saw another physio and continued to work on glute strength while slowly getting back into running (three days per week, slow and easy 5k was the max). Start of 2015 the back was still crappy so glute exercises stopped, massage therapy started. Six weeks of that and no better, so back to physio last weekend and it turns out I have a couple of vertebrae that are "stuck" in one direction and "loose" in the opposite. Source of pain revealed! What to do about it? Who knows...

But at least my running is continuing despite living in pain. Currently running four days per week only, with the two mid week runs either of the tempo interval variety or a steady state run where I'm near the top of my aerobic capabilities, which are pretty mediocre at best. Weekends find me running a really easy recovery run of less than 5k one day and something resembling LSD on the other day, though I am not really doing the "L" or "D" parts properly just yet as I am still working my way back into longer efforts. Longest run to date has only been 14km.

So, here's to my spine pissing right off and a great 2015! No races planned. Dreams of BQ continue to linger.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home