Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Better Half!

Today is the Birthday of my beautiful wife. She is by far the most important person in my life if we were to ignore my two boys. Can one even separate family members in order of importance? I certainly can't and won't. Simply put, they're the best!

I woke up extra early after an awful night of "sleep" where I tossed and turned and clock-checked far too often. By the time 5am rolled around I was completely wasted. Not Charlie Sheen wasted, for I hadn't smoked "7 gram rocks" or anything, but I felt terrible.

Nevertheless, I persevered and made it outside for a cold and windy run of my usual 8.5km route. This time I listened to Bill Simmons' podcast where he chatted with screenwriting legend William Goldman about the Oscars and the New York Knicks, among other things. A very entertaining podcast I must admit.

When I got back to the house my youngest one, who generally has issues with getting up in the morning, came downstairs on his own ready to make a nice Birthday Card and to help with breakfast. Nice! I then woke up my older son who proceeded to make the best fried eggs ever for his Mother! Like I said, they're the best!

All told, my boys came through and I hope made her Birthday morning a little bit special.

After biking directly into the wind on the way to work, which at a couple of points pretty much forced me into a complete stop, I made it to the gym for a good upper body weight training session. I wish I could do more than one of these per week, but it seems tough to fit it in when I do two leg weights sessions and seven runs every "up" week, two of which are on the treadmill at lunch time. Evenings are difficult to use for working out since that is most definitely reserved for family time, and weekends are tough for the same reason especially when I fit my long run into the mix as well.

Oh well, such is life. At least I get to do one upper body session during a typical week and on my recovery weeks I can replace a couple of runs with more weights. It all works out in the end I suppose.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

A lot of activity this week! Happy bday to your wife! Sounds like your kids did great on celebrating it!

I think Bill Simmons is hilarious, I love reading his columns, haha

March 2, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home