Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Already?!

Has it been a whole week of workdays already?! This is crazy. I've been quite busy, but to not have five minutes to post my activities on here is just ridiculous.

Well, being busy I am going to just do a short and dirty rundown of my activities. It's been a recovery week so things have been slow and steady.

Monday: No running, just leg weights. I backed off on the amount of weight on squats and it was good. This was a Holiday so I had to sneak off from the Family on Family Day, but they were kind enough to let me do so.

Tuesday: Got in a nice early morning run of 8.55km around what's becoming a good and trusted route. Been discovering podcasts recently and was listening to Tim and Sid Uncut from theScore.com. They make me laugh. It's difficult to maintain pace and form while laughing... Check them out if you're into sports and a lot of chatter that's completely off topic. Explicit language throughout so watch the young'uns. A good upper body weight training session of chest and arms at lunch left me in that good kind of sore state.

Wednesday: Another morning run of 8.6km followed by more upper body weights, this time of the back and shoulders variety. Ditto on the good kind of sore thing...

Thursday: No running, but more leg weights. Rocking the lunges and single-leg dead lifts. All runners should try single-leg dead lifts. Why? You'll find out if you try them. I don't want to spoil the surprise...

Friday: That brings us to today. The impending snow storm didn't materialize and it was clear when I woke up at 5:40am for another morning run, this time 8.5km in length around the same route. At lunch it was gym time for another chest and arms session wherein I proceeded to soreify my muscles aplenty, and it was good.

Now the weekend holds the promise of more running to complete this most uneventful, but very steady of recovery weeks.

Have a good weekend!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

nice week of weights and running! I do single leg squats most times, my quads are dying after doing them, haha

February 26, 2011 at 2:58 AM  
Blogger Vava said...

Nelly: Single leg squats is what I aspire to doing! I'm still very weak in the quads and have range of motion issues in my bad ankle that puts me off balance when I try to do them. Someday... If I could do them then I imagine they would be the best exercise for runners. Until then I have to work my way up with gym equipment and such.

February 26, 2011 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Nelly said...

haha, I'm not able to get completely horizontal just on 1 leg by itself, usually I can only to about 45 degrees or maybe a little further than that, but the exercise still serves its purpose by strengthening my quads, haha

February 26, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home