Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You Call This A Storm?

I can't believe they cancelled schools for this... I was expecting something much more debilitating. As a result I did not set my alarm to wake me up for my regular before breakfast run. Instead I got to "sleep in" until 6:30am, NOT use my bike for the first time since I can't recall to get to work, brave the public transit "system" and be late for my doctor's appointment, and then uber late for work (though had none of those things not happened I would not have run into an old friend that I haven't seen in many years, so I guess it was meant to be).

Anyway, instead of sloshing through the snow I took my run inside and ran the exact same thing that I did last Friday. Amazing how it worked out to the exact same time and distance. If you can't give them nothing else, you have to admit that those treadmills are at least consistent. As you can see from my office window view this is not exactly a blizzard, but I suspect I would have been slipping and sliding all over the place had I taken my run outside.

In any case, 8.05km (5 miles) done. First five minutes at 6.7mph (5:34/km) and the rest at 7.6mph (4:54/km), all at 1% incline and it took exactly 40:04 to complete. Tried to distract myself from the boredom by watching original Star Trek, but was unsuccessful partly because I didn't have any headphones and partly because reading the dialog made it seem even more cheesy. Captain Kirk's funny way of emphasizing certain words does not come across on closed captioning, in case you're wondering.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home