Friday, July 23, 2010

A Hot Blogiversary

No, I'm not having a pool party with bikini-clad hired attendees, but today is hot (as in humid) and today is this blog's two year anniversary!

I can't believe I've kept this up for two whole years, but as long as it serves a purpose, namely as motivational tool, I will keep on posting.

Today was a strange day in that I split my run into two for a couple of reasons, not the least of which was that when I woke up at 5am it was piss pouring outside like you wouldn't believe! I don't mind running in the rain, and don't mind too much getting caught in a torrential downpour, but today I discovered that I don't much like starting my run in those conditions.

Today was a strange day in that I split my run into two for a couple of reasons, not the least of which was that when I woke up at 5am it was piss pouring outside like you wouldn't believe! I don't mind running in the rain, and don't mind too much getting caught in a torrential downpour, but today I discovered that I don't much like starting my run in those conditions.
So, I ended up running 6km to the gym, working out for an hour, and then running 8km home. The run to the gym was fine, nice and easy. The run home was so hot and humid that even though I was running really slow my heart rate was way up there. It was good to get the run(s) done though.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

A bit of deja vu in that post!

Congrats on keeping it up for 2 years!

July 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

2 years in running-blog years is equivalent to 50 years in real life. You're old! Congrats.

July 26, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home