Monday, May 25, 2015

A Down Week Before A Test Race

I'm feeling wiped. The allergy season (stupid trees) coupled with life in general is draining at the moment. I recognize that my running isn't exactly in the "a lot" range, but the last two weeks saw me running more than I have in about a year and a half. Namely, six days per week and both weeks over 50km. Like I said, not "a lot" in so many ways, but when you've been running either significantly less than that or not at all if feels like a goodly amount...

Anyway, it has come to pass that my official marathon training plan of 18-weeks and the Hansons variety (hopefully without too much modification if this wonky body allows) starts a week from today. In the meantime I am taking this week to recuperate somewhat for two reasons: 1. just because I'm wiped, and 2. because I have that little 5K race on Sunday to test my fitness. I might as well go into it with enough rest to establish my current fitness more accurately as per the result (and subsequently use said result to set up a realistic pacing strategy for marathon training and racing).

So, here's to a down week. I personally hate them as I always feel either guilty for not training, or just beat myself up for losing fitness. In any case, I realize that taking a break once in a while is important to the overall goal of qualifying for Boston. So I'll try to actually do it right and not work too hard!

Just go to the gym a few times...

And, of course, run a few times...

But not every day.

I think...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home