Monday, March 9, 2009

Recovery in Brief

I ran a nice and slow 4km tonight, as per usual after the Sunday long run. It took me 23:44 for an average pace of 5:56/km. I barely broke a sweat since my average heart rate was a paltry 128bpm, right on target. This was supposed to be a nice easy run and it certainly ended up that way.

My foot is a bit tight, but not as bad as it was after my long run a little over a week ago so I feel pretty good about that. I did make an appointment for a massage with an awesome massage therapist who worked on me when I was going through my whole wonky ankle issues a while back. I hope that he can do some stuff to loosen up my foot and calf since I think that will help. This time I am not worried about my plantar fasciitis getting fixed prior to seeing my physio on March 25th since this has been a problem dating back to last October. If it does get fixed miraculously I certainly won't complain, but I don't expect miracles.

Now back to the WBC! Canada is down 4-2 to those pesky Italians, many of whom were not born in Italy and are quite decent players in the Major Leagues. I hope Canada can make a comeback!

Garmin don't lie.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is great that you get to see the WBC. I really hope to make it to a game one year. I hope the massage works.

March 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Hope the massage works! Have a great week!

March 10, 2009 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger C said...

Ooooo, massage. Hope that helps your foot/calf situation.

March 10, 2009 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good job with the recovery run. The biggest mistake runners make is they go too fast during their 'recovery' runs. I had a coach tell me that it is impossible to go too slow during a recovery run.

March 10, 2009 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Chad: I think that's great advice - thanks! Anything to help slow me down is a good thing, and this will definitely help.

March 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger nwgdc said...

If you have an opportunity, look into Active Release Techniques. I use them on my Plantar Fasciitis patients and have been getting great results. One woman yesterday said to me "Where have you been the last 6 years of my life?"
She was scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks on a heel spur. After 3 or 4 treatments with A.R.T. you'll know if it'll help or not, often even sooner. www.activerelease.com

March 14, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home